The winter time consists of cold weather, warm sweaters and a massive change to our skin, well at least for me. During the winter months, my skin becomes very interesting. Even though I have combination skin during the winter season, I become more on the dryer side. I still get oily around my nose and forehead but under my under and around my mouth and chin become really, really dry. Because I have oily areas on my face I still like to incorporate products that helps reduces the oils and my large pores. With my skincare my goal is to keep my face moisturized and hydrated throughout the day. No women wants patchy makeup because of her dry skin. In my winter skincare routine, I tested out a few different products that I’ve been trying for a couple of months that has worked well for me.
I want to share the products I use to maintain moisturized clear skin. I am a working mom and I like to keep my routine very simple yet effective. I do take pride in maintaining clear skin, especially when applying makeup. If I have serious breakouts I will NOT wear makeup because, in my opinion, it’s not helping my skin clear up any faster, I feel it will prolong it. It’s a personal preference of mines and I have nothing against those who still choose to wear makeup during their breakouts. By the way, this is not a sponsored post, these are the products that have worked best for me.
The products below in step by step order are the products I use to cleanse, hydrate and moisturize my skin.
Night time routine
1. SkinActive Deep Pore Facial Cleasner with Green Tea with my Sephora facial brush
2. When I’m experiencing really dry patches on my face I go in with my LUSH Ultrabland Facial cleanser in those particular areas to bring some moisture back into my skin and use a damp clean wash cloth to wipe it off. With this product a little goes a long way and can last you for a long time.
3. Garnier micellar water and a cotton pad to wipe the perimeter of my face to make sure all the dirt is gone
4. Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herb and Rosewater to hydrate my entire face
5. Finally use the Skinfix Ultra Rich Body Butter to moisturize the dry areas on my face. Being that this product is thick a little bit definitely goes a long way as well.
Day time Routine:
My normal everyday routine is very simple:
1. Garnier SkinActive Invigorating Daily Scrub.
2. Garnier micellar water and a cotton pad to wipe the perimeter of my face to make sure all the dirt is gone (PICTURE ABOVE)
3. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe Cucumber and Green Tea to hydrate and wake my skin up
4. Going back in with my Skinfix to moisturize the dry areas on my face especially that I’m getting ready to travel out in the cold weather. (PICTURE ABOVE)
In my summer skincare routine (go check it out if you haven’t done so) I still use the Formula 10.0.06 Keep Your Cool skin calming gel mask. I like to use this mask during the times I break out, it helps reduces and calm my blemishes while refreshing my skin. In recent months I’ve been trying out sheet mask and I absolutely love them. I haven’t found my go to just yet but I do go for sheet mask that helps nourish and moisturize skin. Sheet mask has become a favorite of mine because after using it I can take the remaining serum that is left on my face and rub it into my skin giving me that extra nourishment and moisture.
No matter what season it is it’s extremely important that we was women take care of our skin. No matter what age we must take care of ourselves inside and out. Now that you have my winter skincare routine I provided some important tips to me that has helped contribute to maintaining healthy clear skin:
Tip #1 I drink A LOT of water. Just because it’s the winter time doesn’t mean you don’t stop drinking water. Water helps flush out toxic things that are in your body, helps contribute to your skin is clear, and it’s healthy for you. During the recent months because my skin is on the dry side I increase my water intake to help keep my skin hydrated.
Tip #2 before starting my skincare routine I love to take warm/hot steam showers. My pores open up allowing a deeper cleanse with my facial cleanser. After washing my face I like to rinse my skin off with cold water which causes to shock and closes my pores.
Tip #3 Watch what you eat! Be mindful of what you put in your body because it will definitely show up on your face. blemishes while refreshing my skin. In recent months I’ve been trying out sheet mask and I absolutely love them. I haven’t found my go to just yet but I do go for sheet mask that helps nourish and moisturize skin. Sheet mask has become a favorite of mine because after using it I can take the remaining serum that is left on my face and rub it into my skin giving me that extra nourishment and moisture